[Ganghwa] Yeonmijeong Pavilion
- Address242, Wolgot-ri, Ganghwa-eup, Ganghwa-gun, Incheon-si
- InformationTourism Development Office of Ganghwa County : (032) 930-4336
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 5, 2016
By the fullmoon’s light, the beautiful pavilion with a glorious silvery moon
Yeonmijeong Pavilion is placed on the top of Wolgotdondae, Ganghwa-eup, Ganghwa-gun. The northeastern Ganghwado, where Yeonmijeong Pavilion is, looks like the tail of swallow because the water branches off into two streams, so it was named Yeonmijeong. Although the construction age is unknown, there is a record that students of Gujae, a private educational institution at the time of King Gojong of the Goryeo Dynasty, studied here. Damage from the Imjin war, the Manchu war and the Korean War was restored to achieve the current condition.
It is one of Eight Scenic Views of Ganghwa, and it is famous for its scenery of the full moon. Two Zolba trees, hundreds of years old, on both sides of the pavilion, stretch their branches from side to side. It was not easy to access because it was a restricted civilian area. However, now, it is open to the public to appreciate the beautiful scenery.
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.