[Paju] The 3rd Tunnel
- Address210-358, Je3(sam) ttanggul-ro, Gunnae-myeon, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do
- InformationDMZ Ticketing Office : (031)954-0303
Paju Municipal Tourism Office : (031)940-8523
- Hours of use09:20~15:30 (weekdays, winter 15:00)
※ Individual visits are restricted.
- HolidaysClosed every Mondays and holidays (except Sat/Sunday and Seolnal/Chuseok)
The 3rd Tunnel was discovered in 1978 by Korean forces. It spans over 1635m in length, 2m in width, and 2m in height and is located 52km from Seoul. It is estimated that approximately 30,000 soldiers could move through the tunnel per hour. Once the tunnel was found, North Koreans insisted it was intentionally made by us to invade North Korea, but, their insistence was proven untrue as the explosions used to make the tunnel face southward. The tunnel offers various sightseeing points such as the DMZ Video room, symbolic sculptures, the souvenir shops and more. The cave can be explored only by walking. The DMZ Linked Tour program helps you to travel comfortably through the different safety destinations like Dorasan Station, Dora Observatory, and Imjingak.
Paju City, Korea Tourism Organization
[DMZ Linked Tour Charges]
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.