[October] Yulgok Culture Festival in Paju
- placeSan 5-1, DongMun-ri, Beobwon-eup, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do
- InformationCulture and Tourism Department of Paju : (031)940-4352
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 7, 2016
The traditional culture festival to praise Yulgok Yi I who was an ancient sage of Paju
Yulgok Culture Festival is a festival to bring harmony to 380,000 Paju citizens and to praise the virtue of Yulgok Yi I. In autumn, it is held in the area of Jaunseowon having a shrine with his tablet and Paju Citizen Hall. Through this festival, the citizens of Paju can look back the ancestor’s life and learn their wisdom, and it gives them the pride as the citizens of Paju. The main programs are divided into a ceremony to praise the memory of his life, and a celebration. Ceremony events include a religious ceremony, a academic symposium on his thought, a parade and an exploration of remains. Also, it provides literature events, such as a national writing contest, Yulgok writing contest, Saimdang drawing contest, a calligraphy contest, an exhibition and a performance.
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.