[Paju] Paju Samneung
- Address89, Samneung-ro, Jori-eup, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do
- InformationPaju Samneung: (031)941-4208
- Hours of use• February-May,September-October
- Ticketing Hours: 09:00-17:00
- Viewing Hours: 09:00-18:00
- Ticketing Hours: 09:00-16:30
- Watching Hours: 09:00-17:30
- HolidaysClosed every Monday
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 5, 2016
Tombs of three queens and a crown prince (Prince Hyojang) of the Joseon Dynasty
Paju Samneung Royal Tomb consists of the Gongneung, Sulleung, and Yeongneung royal tombs. Gongneung is the royal tomb of Queen Jangsun (1445-1461), consort of King Yejong, the 8th King of the Joseon Dynasty. She died when she was still a crown princess, so her tomb is very simple. There is not even a “Mangjuseok”, which is the name for the pair of stones that stand on either side of the mound.
Sulleung is the tomb of Queen Gonghye (1456-1474), a consort of King Seongjong, the 9th ruler of the Joseon Dynasty. Sulleung is similar to Gongneung in many ways, but it has more stonework. Queen Gonghye was the 9th daughter of Han Myeong-Hoe, a high-ranking government officer, and a sister of Queen Jangsun, who is buried in Gongneung. This was the only time in the history of the Joseon Dynasty that two sisters both became queen.
Yeongneung is the tomb of the posthumously designated king, King Jinjong (1719-1728), the first son of King Yeongjo, and Queen Hyosun (1715-1751). King Jinjong became the crown prince at the age of 7, but he died when he was only 13 in Changgyeonggung Palace. He was later named as Prince Hyojang by his father. Queen Hyosun became the crown princess when she was 13 years old. In 1751, she died at the age of 37 without an heir. Yeongneung was created as a grave meant for a prince, but after a long period of time, the prince was honored as a king, so the grave was enlarged in order to fit a king’s grave standards.
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.