[Ganghwa] Ganghwa Dolmen historical site
- Addressnear Yangsa-myeon, Ganghwa-gun, Incheon-si
- InformationGanghwa Tourism Development Office: (032)930-4336
- Hours of useOpen all year around
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 5, 2016
Symbol of power and majesty of the Bronze Age in Ganghwa, dolmen historical site
Korea has the world’s highest distribution of dolmens. To move capstones that weigh more than 10 tons, you will need a lot of manpower. Therefore, dolmen was the symbol of wealth and power. In Ganghwa-gun, you can see over 40 dolmens and the table type of dolmen. The table type of dolmen is enshrined in the body without creating a rush prevention in the base and back onto the slope topped with a capstone to the flagstone.
In Ganghwa-gun, you can see the largest table type of dolmen, showing dignified expression clearly. Bugeun-ri dolmen was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2000 along with several dolmens around. Ganghwa established a park on Bugeun-ri which shows facilities and life of the Bronze Age, which can help to know the life of the Bronze Age for the visitors.
Facilities for the disabled
Wheelchair accessible restroom
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.