[Gimpo] Gimpo Jangneung
- Address79, Jangneung-ro, Gimpo-si, Gyeonggi-do
- InformationGimpo Jangneung: (031)982-7261
- Hours of use• February-May,September-October
- Ticketing Hours: 09:00-17:00
- Viewing Hours: 09:00-18:00
- Ticketing Hours: 09:00-16:30
- Viewing Hours: 09:00-17:30
- HolidaysClosed every Monday
- PublishedDecember 1, 2014
- RevisedDecember 5, 2016
Gimpo Jangneung, holding both mystery and solemnity in the green, dense woods
Jangneung Royal Tomb is the tomb of the posthumously designated King Wonjong (1580-1619), who was the father of King Injo, and of his wife, Queen Inheon (1578-1626). King Wonjong was the 5th son of King Seonjo. He had deep respect for his parents and a strong affection for his siblings. King Wonjong’s 3rd son was exiled to Ganghwado Island under a false accusation and ended up committing suicide. King Wonjong was shocked at the tragic death of his son and died in 1619.
Beneath the tomb lies a ceremonial area where King Yeongjo and King Jeongjo paid visits and carried out the ceremonies every year. The surroundings of the tomb have been well preserved and landscaped, so visitors can enjoy relaxing and walking in this area.
- Operation rules
- We have several rules that is needed to maintain a good community. If we have determined that you have written an article that violate the rules, then we do not notify you, and immediately we can delete the article.
- Criteria to delete the post.
- The act of spreading private information (name, company name, private photos, phone number, Social Security Number, etc) or continuing to write a great number of post or comments.
- Posts to blame or insults others.
- Pornography posts or inappropriate posts for the youth.
- Posts that is different from the service purpose.
- Defamatory posts, such as to blame others or to spread false information.
- Posts that violate the relevant law such as Copyright Violation.